Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Writing a Proposal

Much of what I will contribute to this sciencelab224 is a very directed set of steps to help the students organize their materials and thoughts.  Here is one of the papers I give out at the very beginning. The proposal.  I cannot tell you how much I have the student refer back to their proposal.  It's the foundation of much of their work.  It helps keep them focused.

Science Fair Proposal

I have found putting the experiment completion date a month before the actual science fair crucial.  In fact, most of my completion dates are 6 weeks prior to science fair.  My goal is to have all the students completed with their project at least 1 week prior to science fair.  This is good for both the student and parent to see.  Time goes fast when working with science fair.  If you have set completion dates throughout it will help keep kids on pace.

Good Luck
-g

No comments:

Post a Comment