Thursday, April 28, 2011

Time for Reflection

One of the best teaching tools we have is reflection.  Though greatly underused, there never seems time for it, reflection is the only opportunity the students have to process what they have been doing. 

This is a simple reflection I've used in the past.  I must admit, one of the main reasons I use this reflection is personal.  I love hearing the stories kids tell.  After 2+ months of science fair work with students, it is relaxing and often very humorous to read.  I also use quotes from thier stories in the photo slide show celebration at the end.


Science Fair Reflection

Examples used in Video Slideshow:

"My best memory is when Mr. Goldman came up to my group and said a judge loved our project."
 
“A mouse maze built for intelligence is genius!”
 
"Seriously, ask a girl to help you with decorating your board."
 
“Science Fair, it’s a good place to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment